|For the year ended 30 June 2021||2020-21
|Income from transactions|
|Revenue from government*||147,356||136,658|
|Sales of goods and services||579||548|
|Payments to consolidated fund||(346)||(260)|
|Total income from transactions||147,589||136,946|
|Expenses from transactions|
|Supplies and services||57,301||53,959|
|Depreciation and amortisation||2,706||4,193|
|Grants and other transfers||5,392||5,286|
|Capital asset charge||795||691|
|Total expenses from transactions||144,115||131,908|
|Net result from transactions||3,474||5,038|
|Other economic flows in net result|
|Net gains / (losses) on financial instruments||-||(10)|
|Net gains / (losses) on non-financial assets||13||20|
|Other gains / (losses) on other economic flows||2,306||(491)|
|Total other economic flows in net result||2,319||(481)|
|Net surplus / (deficit) for reporting period||5,793||4,557|
|*Revenue from government represents the output budget allocated to the State Revenue Office|
Notes to the operating statement
- The increase of $10.3 million in employee benefits was mainly due to additional staff for the administration of budget initiatives, including the implementation of Economic Survival Package measures.
- The decrease of $1.4 million in depreciation and amortisation was mainly due to the transfer of right-of-use lease assets and the relevant depreciation expenses for office leases under the Centralised Accommodation Management arrangements.
- Grants and other transfers consists of payments made to municipal councils in relation to the administration of the fire services property levy, which were based on the Treasurer’s determination under section 70 of the Fire Services Property Levy Act 2012.
- Expenses from transactions exclude $0.5 million in relation to the administration of the growth area infrastructure contribution, which is operated through a Treasury Trust.
|As at 30 June 2021||2020-21
|Total financial assets||54,704||55,845|
|Plant, property and equipment||308||477|
|Total non-financial assets||17,954||12,734|
Notes to the balance sheet
|Amounts owing from Victorian Government||53,249||54,539|
|GST input tax credit recoverable||1,126||646|
Written-down value of property, plant and equipment
|Written-down value of property, plant and equipment||2020-21
|Plant, furniture and equipment||7||11|
|Leasehold improvements / fitouts||18||45|
|Total written-down value of plant, property and equipment||308||477|
Written-down value of intangible assets
|Written-down value of intangible assets||2020-21
|Other intangible produced assets*||7,773||7,521|
|Work in progress*||4,713||2,504|
|Total written-down value of intangible assets||12,486||10,025|
|* Capitalised and uncapitalised expenditure on e-Sys Life Extension Project|
Other non-financial assets
|Other non-financial assets||2020-21
|Right of use plant and equipment||2,273||42|
|Motor vehicle leased||289||297|
|Total other non-financial assets||5,160||2,232|
|Right of use lease liabilities||275||24|
|Motor vehicle leases||192||162|
|Total current liabilities||467||186|
|Right of use lease liabilities||1,879||24|
|Motor vehicle leases||97||137|
|Total non-current liabilities||1,976||161|
|Total interest-bearing liabilities||2,443||347|
|Long service leave||12,861||13,224|
|Other employee entitlements||2,622||2,658|
|Total current provisions||22,116||20,858|
|Long service leave||2,119||1,968|
|Total non-current provisions||2,119||1,968|
|Growth areas infrastructure contribution||197,300||244,348|
|Metropolitan planning levy||18,880||20,865|
|Fire services property levy||728,982||708,097|
|Commercial passenger vehicle service levy||26,971||67,239|
|Wagering and betting tax||186,451||131,631|
|Less: Cattle Compensation Fund||(6,000)||(4,931)|
|Less: Swine Compensation Fund||(192)||(192)|
|Less: Sheep and Goat Compensation Fund||(1,410)||(1,691)|
|Add: Unclaimed money receipts||98,205||106,944|
|Add: User charges||4,665||4,082|
|Add: Sundry income||931||435|
|Total administered revenues||19,577,826||19,046,792|
|* Includes Cattle Compensation Fund, Swine Compensation Fund and Sheep and Goat Compensation Fund|
|First Home Owner Grant||274,329||200,935|
|First home bonus||40||219|
|Other grants, rebates and other payments||13,437||94,702|
|Unclaimed money refunds||11,442||8,609|
|Bad and doubtful debts||17,181||31,687|
|Total administered expenses||692,992||341,261|
|Net administered revenues||18,884,834||18,705,531|
Notes to administered items
- Tax and duty revenue increased by $539 million to $19,481 million. This included:
- an increase of $453 million in payroll tax
- an increase of $281 million in land transfer duty, and
- a decrease of $213 million in land tax.
- Tax and duty revenues include reductions associated with business relief measures. Total relief provided in 2020–21 includes:
- $337 million in land transfer duty
- $284 million in payroll tax
- $248 million in land tax
- $26 million in congestion levy
- $6 million in commercial passenger vehicle service levy, and
- $0.1 million in liquor licence fee.
- The fire services property levy increased by $20 million, mainly due to the change of fixed charges and levy rates according to sections 11 and 12 of the Fire Services Property Levy Act 2012.
- Unclaimed money receipts represent monies transferred to the Registrar under the Unclaimed Money Act 2008 and the Gambling Regulation Act 2003. There was a decrease of $8 million in the 2020–21 financial year.
- The First Home Owner Grant increased by $73 million mainly due to an increase in the number of applications and an increase in the value of the grant for new home purchases in regional Victoria.
- The HomeBuilder Grant was introduced to assist eligible owner-occupiers to build a new home, substantially renovate an existing home or buy off-the-plan. The grant applies to eligible contracts entered into between 4 June 2020 and 31 March 2021.
- Other grants, rebates and other payments decreased by $81 million mainly due to a decrease in ex gratia payments of $76 million.
- The $14 million decrease in bad and doubtful debts includes an increase of $73 million in bad debts and a decrease $87 million in the provision for doubtful debts.